Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Movies that will touch your soul and open your eyes

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

1. Beyond Borders: A movie about a young woman who oscillates between domestic life in London and life as a humanitarian aid worker. This contrast provides quite a unique perspective on some of the world's most pressing humanitarian crises.

2. Trade: A movie about sex trafficking in America. Young girls trafficked through Mexico City to be sold in the US.



3. The Road to Guantanamo: A true story about the destructive reality of Guantanamo Bay.


4. Under the Same Moon: A movie about the plight of illegal immigrants in the United States. A mother and a son desperate to reunite.


“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

No comments:

Post a Comment